Jon glanced back at Stannis. For an instant their eyes met. Then the king nodded and went back inside his tower.
the 21st: for acidflashbacks [stannis + mumford & sons ‘to darkness’] (x)
Stannis is back!!!
- His eyes were open wounds beneath his heavy brows, a blue as dark as the sea by night. (ACOK, Cressen)
- His deepset eyes regarded her uncomfortably. (ACOK, Catelyn)
- His eyes were blue pits lost in deep hollows, and the shape of a skull could be seen beneath his face. (ASOS, Davos)
- The king’s eyes were dark blue bruises in the hollows of his face. (ASOS, Davos)
- Stannis turned to study him. Beneath his heavy brow were eyes like bottomless blue pools. (ASOS, Jon)
- Stannis studied him with those dark blue eyes. (ASOS, Jon)
- The king’s eyes were blue bruises, sunk deep in a hollow face. (ADWD, Jon)
- Those deepset blue eyes of his seemed always slitted in suspicion, cold fury boiling just below their surface. (ADWD, Asha)
- His eyes were sunk in deep pits, his close-cropped beard no more than a shadow across his hollow cheeks and bony jawbone. Yet there was power in his stare, an iron ferocity that told Asha this man would never, ever turn back from his course. (ADWD, Asha)
ONE CAP PER EPISODE → stannis baratheon
game of thrones meme: one king
↳ Stannis Baratheon
“Do not prate at me of history, ser. Daemon Blackfyre was a rebel and usurper, Bittersteel a bastard. When he fled, he swore he would return to place a son of Daemon’s upon the Iron Throne. He never did. Words are wind, and the wind that blows exiles across the narrow sea seldom blows them back. That boy Viserys Targaryen spoke of return as well. He slipped through my fingers at Dragonstone, only to spend his life wheedling after sellswords. ‘The Beggar King,’ they called him in the Free Cities. Well, I do not beg, nor will I flee again. I am Robert’s heir, the rightful king of Westeros. My place is with my men.”